Older Adult Services
Helping Seniors to Thrive
We realized a long time ago that older members of our community are an invaluable resource in building a better tomorrow. Our senior adult services make sure our clients continue to feel included in society, whether they are able to join us for group programs or require a more personal touch with visits to their homes.
- Our services are available to any adult 60 or older who lives in Bergen County.
- We offer the only adult day care program in Northern New Jersey that accepts visually impaired clients.
Our program is designed to stimulate social interaction and to help reduce isolation and loneliness.
- We promote mental activity through exercise, music, arts and crafts, and discussion groups.
- Our goal is to prevent premature institutionalization.
- We provide a much needed break for in-home care givers.
- Adults age 60+ are eligible to register in advance to receive a nutritious lunch.
Care Management for the Homebound Elderly
- Need help with shopping, laundry, personal care, light house keeping, or home repairs?
- We can help with applying for PAAD, SENIOR GOLD, HEAP (heating and cooling assistance).
- We can help with applying for Home care programs such as JACC and CCPED.
- We can help with applying for Veterans benefits and Alzheimer grants.
- We offer caregiver counseling through NJ EASE.
- We offer senior community resources and care giver resources.
- We can help with applying for the Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports and the Respite Program.
- We can help with Meals On Wheels, Food Stamps and emergency goods.
- We offer information on Reverse Mortgages.
- Fifteen to twenty Caregivers meet several times monthly
- At least one monthly meeting is offered in Spanish
- Caregivers have a safe and nurturing space to learn coping strategies and receive specific information to help their loved ones
- Caregivers share a meal and conversation and experience mutual aid with other caregivers
- Participants have the option to engage in a mentoring program with trained volunteer mentors who are dedicated to reducing stress and other challenges confronting caregivers
For More Info
Tashiera Howard, MA MHC,
Director of Senior Services
Your financial donation helps infants, children, teens, families and older adults. We also welcome donating your time and energy as a volunteer.
Find out more...
Funded by the Bergen County Department of Human Services, Division of Senior Services.